Best Restaurants in Kolkata:
The City of Joy brings immense happiness to food lovers. Kolkata, the capital of the state of West Bengal is a melting pot of cultures. People from all over the country and the world have made the city their abode giving it a distinct culinary identity. The best restaurants in Kolkata stand witness to the fantastic food flavors that can be had in Kolkata.
- Flurys is synonymous with a hearty English breakfast in the city of Kolkata. The bakery, confectionary and café offers some exquisite strawberry cubes, chicken patties, rum balls, chocolate boats, sandwiches, cakes and light meals that will leave you coming back for more.
- Bohemian is filled with unconventional food transformations and ideas. The local ingredients are the heroes of every dish served here. Must try the Firangee Mutton Roast with Spinach and Coconut Jus, Cauliflower and Mustard Pudding with Coconut and Darjeeling Chillies, and Chital Steak for culinary divinity.
- Mocambo was established in 1953 and ever since has been dishing out the most delicious food. Known for its spectacular continental fare, Mocambo is a landmark on the Kolkata food scene. Must try the oversauced prawn cocktail and devilled crabs, Chateaubriand steaks, rich buttery chicken tetrazzini and splendid Baked Alaska.
- Magpie is as close as you can get to an English Teahouse. Cakes, cupcakes, muffins, scones, petit sandwiches, petit fours, sandwiches and much more with a piping hot pot of tea is a specialty of Mrs. Magpie.
- Other restaurants include Oh! Calcutta, Kewpie’s Kitchen, Koshe Kosha, Indian Coffee House, Banana Café, Peter Cat, Benjarong, Rubi’s Grill and many others.
Authentic Bengali cuisine, Chinese, continental, street food, you name it and Kolkata serves the delectable on a silver platter for foodies from all over. The best restaurants conjure up the most delicious dishes for their clientele.